PFS Studio was honoured to be presented with an Award of Merit for Sherbourne Common at the Toronto Urban Design Awards.
“The City of Toronto’s Urban Design Awards acknowledge the significant contribution that architects, landscape architects, urban designers, artists, design students, and city builders make to the look and livability of our city. Sherbourne Common was honoured in the ‘Large Places or Neighbourhood Designs’ category.
Designed by PFS Studio, Sherbourne Common spans more than two city blocks and features a striking zinc-clad Pavilion, designed by Teeple Architects, and stunning water channel with three dramatic art sculptures, called “Light Showers” by artist Jill Anholt. It is also the first park in Canada to integrate a neighbourhood-wide stormwater treatment facility into its design.”
– Waterfront Toronto
On hand to receive the award were (pictured from left to right): Joseph Carter, CIS; Renato Tacconelli, Eastern Construction; Monica Szponar, formerly with Cobalt Engineering (Integral Group); Ben Burke, Quinn Dressel Associates; Johanna Evers, City of Toronto; David Leinster, The Planning Partnership; Jennifer Keesmaat, City of Toronto; Peter Milczyn, City of Toronto; James Roche, Waterfront Toronto; Jennifer Nagai, PFS Studio; Christopher Glaisek, Waterfront Toronto; Jill Anholt, Jill Anholt Studio; Peter Heyblom, Thinc Design; Luigi Cifa, Eastern Construction.
Project credits go to:
- Waterfront Toronto, Client
- The Planning Partnership, Consulting Local Landscape Architect
- Thinc Design, Consulting Local Landscape Architect / Contract Administration
- Teeple Architects Inc., Pavilion Architect
- Jill Anholt Studio, Public Artist
- Cobalt Engineering (Integral Group), Pavilion Electrical and Mechanical Engineer
- The Municipal Infrastructure Group Ltd., Civil Engineer
- Quinn Dressel Associates, Structural Engineer
- URS Corporation Canada Inc., Electrical Engineer
- Vincent Helton and Associates, Fountain Mechanical Consulting
- Tripped on Lighting Design Inc., Public Art Lighting
- Alston Associates, Geotechnical Engineer
- Custom Ice, Ice Rink Consultant
- CIS Irrigation Inc., Irrigation Consultant
- Eastern Construction, Construction Management
- UCC Group, General Contractor
- Aldershot Landscape, Landscape Contractor
Congratulations to the whole team!
Top: Photos by Tom Arban
Bottom: Photo courtesy of the City of Toronto